An overview of the role and responsibilities of foster/adoptive parents…
The role of foster/adoptive parents as defined by COC is outlined as such:
- Provide a safe environment for children.
- Provide food, clothing, school supplies, personal hygiene needs, and recreation.
- Transport children to and from necessary medical and mental health appointments, biological parent/child visits, court appointments, and other necessary appointments.
- Provide positive role-modeling, support, structure, and discipline.
- Participate in the development of child/youth service treatment plan.
- Participate in child/youth education to include: attending ARD meetings, parent/teacher conferences as necessary, and aid child in schoolwork as needed.
Posted in: Foster Parent Info