Becoming a foster/adoptive parent…
There are 5 main steps to becoming a foster/adoptive parent with Circles of Care:
- Contact COC office to arrange for an orientation meeting.
- Complete an application and criminal background check.
- Complete a home study interview with COC social worker.
- Attend pre-service training, including training in CPR and First Aid, Emergency Behavior Intervention, Behavior Management, Medication, Communication, Abuse & Neglect, and Separation & Loss.
- Obtain inspections to include Health, Fire, gas (if applicable), TB test for every household member, and rabies vaccinations for all family pets.
Posted in: Foster Parent Info