Foster/adoptive parent qualifications…
In order to become a foster/adoptive parent with Circles of Care, a household must have all of the following minimum qualifications:
- Be a United States Citizen or US Resident.
- Be at least 21 years of age if married, and at least 25 if single.
- If married, must be married for at least one year.
- If divorced or widowed, must have been for at least one year.
- Have a highschool diploma or GED or demonstrate equivalent.
- Have no criminal history violating state standards.
- Have no history of abuse or neglect.
- Have at least 40 square feet of space if child will be sharing a bedroom.
- Home/apartment equipped with heat and air conditioning.
- Have reliable transportation (own a vehicle).
- Available hospital or emergency services within 40 miles.
- Available public schools.
Posted in: Foster Parent Info